ILHS Volleyball tryouts are set for Monday July 31st at 10am to 12:30pm. After the first day and after careful consideration, coach Mike and I we make initial cuts to the team. Phone calls will be made the evening of the July 31st to individuals who do not make the team. At that time we will go over with the student athlete what we believe they should focus on as well as area club information for camps and organized volleyball club teams they may tryout for in the fall.
The 2nd day, Tuesday August 1st from 10am to 1pm and the final cuts where we will have placements on the varsity or JV team. At the end of this day will will personally talk to each student athlete one one one and let them know what team they will be on and why, or that they have not made the team and why. Again, for those not making the team, we will go over with the student athlete what we believe they should focus on as well as area club information for camps and organized volleyball club teams they may tryout for in the fall.
The competition for this years volleyball tryouts are going to be extremely close. So many good players and we wish we could take them all. We will also be offering team manager positions to two girls who would like to accept the responsibility. This may include practicing with the team, travelling with the team to games and helping the teams with many activities. It is not a playing position, and these girls will be dedicated to volleyball and want to learn more in hopes of getting better and making next year’s team.
- Get a good night’s sleep.
- Eat a healthy meal and bring a light snack, along with water or a sports drink
- Put your everything out on the court. All the camps and practices Mike and I have performed this year, all the coaching. We want to see that you have taken this direction and can make the necessary adjustments to your game.
- We are a team, we are friends. Support each other in good time and bad.
- Be a leader.
- Be a teammate that can be counted on by everyone.
- Play like a champion, because we will be.
- Don’t whisper on the court, call the ball with authority. If we can’t hear you, neither will your teammates in a real match. It’s volleyball, it’s loud.
- You will be judged on your performance during tryouts, not what you did last year or what team you were or were not on.
- Best of luck to you.
Enclosures: Player Evaluation Report and Tryout Signup sheet below, click on link to open.